Currency Markets Snapshots For The Week
- INR fell to its lowest ever levels last week and traded above Rs 69 against the USD for the first time ever.
- INR depreciated by 0.93% against the USD last week and by 1.04% against euro.
- Brent crude oil prices rose by 6% last week and is currently trading at levels of 79.23 USD per barrel.
- USD Index (DXY), fell by 0.05% on a week on week basis and is at a level of 94.47.
Weekly Global Bond Analysis
- UST continued to rally on the back of trade tensions.
- Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and Trump’s trade advisor, Peter Navarro, gave contradictory statements on Chinese investment restrictions.
- Italian politicians sought to play down their eurosceptic and fiscal stance.
- Indonesia central bank raised its key interest rate for the third time.
- US & Euro junk bond yields rose sharply.