Currency Markets Snapshots For The Week
- INR recovered, after touching its lowest ever close of Rs 68.88 on 5th July.
- INR appreciated last week by 0.67% against USD and by 1.14% against euro.
- Brent crude oil prices fell by 7% on 11th July and on weekly basis the prices fell by 4% from USD 77.11/bbl to USD 74/bbl
- India’s trade deficit rose in June on higher oil imports
- USD Index (DXY), rose by 1.01% on a week on week basis and is at a level of 94.92.
Weekly Global Bond Analysis
- US June 2018 CPI rose to its highest yearly rate since 2012.
- UST yields at the long-end of the curve has not risen and has stayed range-bound.
- ECB policy minutes suggest ECB will keep rates at record lows.
- Indonesia Central Bank Governor said economic indicators will decide the possibility of further tightening.
- Eurozone junk bond yields fell sharply.