Currency Markets Snapshots For The Week
- Indian Rupee (INR) touched a new all-time low of Rs 69.13 against the USD.
- INR depreciated last week by 0.63% against the USD and by 0.55% against the euro.
- The Modi government faced its first no-confidence motion, tabled by opposition parties in Parliament on Friday.
- Chinese Yuan depreciated by 1.52% against the USD on weekly basis to 6.7697.
- USD Index (DXY),fell by 0.46% on a week on week basis and is at a level of 94.48.
Weekly Global Bond Analysis
- Fed Chair Jerome Powell paints a good picture of the US economy
- US President Donald Trump is not pleased with Federal Reserve raising rates.
- US unemployment benefits fell to its lowest level in more than 48 years.
- Rating agency DBRS confirmed Italy rating at BBB.
- Indonesia Central Bank kept interest rates unchanged but policy stance remains hawkish.