Currency Markets Snapshots For The Week
- INR slumped to its lowest-ever close on Thursday at Rs 68.88 against the USD.
- On a weekly basis, INR depreciated by 0.59% against the USD and by 1.16% against the euro.
- USD Index (DXY), fell by 0.54% and is at a level of 93.96.
- Trade conflict between U.S. & China began in force on Friday, when U.S. tariffs on USD 34 billion worth of Chinese goods went into effect.
Weekly Global Bond Analysis
- US tariffs lower bond yields
- Fed minutes suggest that central bank is committed to gradual but steady rate increases.
- German Interior Minister offered his resignation, which threatens Angela Markel fragile government.
- China new export orders index went below the 50 level into contraction territory.