Currency Markets Snapshots For The Week
- INR fell to below Rs 70 to the USD for the first time ever on the 14th of August 2018,
- INR touched an all-time low level of Rs 70.40 to the USD
- INR depreciated last week by 1.89% against the USD and by 1.18% against the euro.
- USD Index (DXY) fell by 0.27% on a week on week basis and is at a level of 96.10.
- Euro appreciated by 0.22% against the USD last week.
Weekly Global Bond Analysis
- Demand for haven assets abated after reports suggest China and the U.S. would resume trade talks
- Number of Americans filing for unemployment benefits fell for the second straight week.
- Germany economic growth has outpaced Eurozone growth in Q2-2018.
- Indonesia central bank surprised the market by raising its interest rate for the 4th time since May 2018.