Currency Markets Snapshots For The Week
- The Indian Rupee (INR) breached Rs 71 level against the USD for the first time ever on Friday.
- INR depreciated last week by 1.53% against the USD and depreciated by 1.91% against the euro.
- USD Index (DXY) fell by 0.01% on a week on week basis and is at a level of 95.14.
- Turkish lira fell by more than 6% against USD last week while Argentina Peso tumbled to a record low.
- India’s 1st quarter fy19 GDP growth printed at 8.2%
Weekly Global Bond Analysis
- Reports suggest that President Donald Trump plans to impose $200 billion worth of tariffs on Chinese imports.
- German business sentiment improved in August.
- Recently Japan benchmark bond recorded no trades, which has happened for the 7th time in 2018.
- Argentina central bank hiked rates by 15% points to 60% .
- China August PMI data beat market expectations.