Currency Markets Snapshots For The Week
- Indian Rupee ended the week at Rs 71.86 levels against the USD after touching its fresh all-time low level of Rs 72.91 on 12 Sep 2018.
- INR depreciated last week by 0.16% against the USD and depreciated by 0.90% against the euro.
- USD Index (DXY) fell by 0.46% on a week on week basis and is at a level of 94.93.
- In a way to stem the INR slide, the government on Friday announced measures to get widening CAD under control.
Weekly Global Bond Analysis
- UST yields closed at 3% for the first time since 2nd August 2018.
- Boston Fed President Eric Rosengren said he does not read much about a possible recession from the shape of the yield curve.
- ECB President Mario Draghi said the central bank is on track to end bond purchases this year and raise interest rates next autumn.
- US & Euro junk bond yields fell sharply.