Currency Markets Snapshots For The Week
- The Indian Rupee (INR) breached Rs 72 levels against the USD for the first time ever on Thursday the 6th of September 2018
- INR depreciated last week by 1.04% against the USD and depreciated by 0.71% against the euro.
- USD Index (DXY) rose by 0.24% on a week on week basis and is at a level of 95.37.
- India’s current account deficit (CAD) stood at 2.4% of GDP in the April-June quarter of 2018-19
Weekly Global Bond Analysis
- US economy added more jobs than expected.
- Improvement in wages and payrolls can push Federal Reserve in the direction of more rate hikes.
- Italian government reassures the market that EU fiscal rules would be respected.
- South Africa economy enter into a technical recession.
- Brazilian economy accelerated slightly in Q2 despite a nationwide trucker’s strike.
- US & Euro junk bond yields rose sharply.