Currency Markets Snapshots For The Week
- Indian Rupee ended the week at Rs 72.20 levels against the USD after touching its fresh all-time low level of Rs 72.97 on 18th Sep 2018.
- INR depreciated last week by 0.48% against the USD and depreciated by 1.10% against the euro.
- USD Index (DXY) fell by 0.74% on a week on week basis and is at a level of 94.22.
- British Pound gave up gains against the USD after Prime Minister Theresa May said that the UK and European Union were at an impasse in Brexit negotiations
Weekly Global Bond Analysis
- Fed Fund indicator suggests 93% probability for a Fed rate hike next week.
- UST yields surpass the 3% mark after the release of strong US economic data.
- U.S weekly jobless claims fell to their lowest level in nearly 49 years.
- Indonesia government and the central bank are taking measures to reduce the current account deficit.
- Euro junk bond yields fell sharply.