Currency Markets Snapshots For The Week
- Indian Rupee gained last week against the USD despite touching fresh record low levels of Rs 74.48 against the USD on Thursday.
- INR appreciated last week by 0.27% against the USD and depreciated by 0.33% against the euro.
- USD Index (DXY) fell by 0.52% on a week on week basis and is at a level of 95.22.
- The IMF downgraded its economic growth outlook for the U.S., China, the Eurozone and the UK.
- The IMF expects the global economy to expand by 3.7% in 2018 and 2019, down from 3.9% forecast earlier
Weekly Global Bond Analysis
- 10-year UST yields cooled off from multiyear highs after poor inflation data.
- U.S.employment reports suggest that the labor market is near or beyond full employment.
- Germany Industrial output fell 0.3% in August against market expectations of 0.4% rise.
- Brazilian bond yields rallied after market favorite Jair Bolsonaro took lead in the 1st round of the presidential election.
- US & Eurozone junk bond yields rise sharply.