Currency Markets Snapshots For The Week
- INR posted its biggest single-day gain in over five years on Friday, surging by 1.40%.
- INR appreciated last week by 1.42% against the USD and appreciated by 0.47% against the euro.
- USD Index (DXY) rose by 0.19% on a week on week basis and is at a level of 96.54.
- Euro depreciated by 0.13% against USD last week.
- BoE left interest rates on hold in a unanimous decision and warned that uncertainty over Brexit is weighing on the economy.
Weekly Global Bond Market Snapshot
- U.S President Donald Trump said there had been progress in trade talks with China and that trade discussions are moving along nicely
- 10 year UST yields rose on strong October jobs data
- U.S Manufacturing index fell in October and came in at 57.7 points, but the index still remains well above the 50 point mark, which indicates growth
- BoJ kept its monetary policy steady and lowered its inflation outlook
- Standard & Poor’s leave Italy sovereign rating unchanged
- Far-right candidate Jair Bolsonaro won Brazil’s presidential elections