Currency Markets Snapshots For The Week
- Indian Rupee appreciated by 1.34% against the USD last week and appreciated by 1.30% against euro.
- USD Index (DXY) rose by 0.57% on a week on week basis and is at a level of 96.91.
- Euro depreciated by 0.59% against the USD last week.
- The Federal Reserve delivered an upbeat assessment of the economy.
Weekly Global Bond Analysis
- Federal Reserve held short-term interest rates steady
- The U.S. interest rate is currently in a range of 2% to 2.25%, but the Fed has signaled it wants to gradually raise rates in the coming months to 3% or higher
- European Commission cut Italy growth estimates and forecast a jump in the budget deficit
- Indonesia annual economic growth in the third quarter rose to 5.17%, close to the market forecast of 5.15%
- US & Euro junk bond yields fell sharply