Currency Markets Snapshots For The Week
- Indian Rupee traded below Rs 71 per USD for the first time in two-and-a-half months, as oil prices continued to fall.
- Indian Rupee appreciated by 1.74% against the USD last week and appreciated by 1.02% against the euro.
- USD Index (DXY) rose by 0.47% on a week on week basis and is at a level of 96.92.
- British Pound depreciated by 0.16% against the USD last week.
- Euro depreciated by 0.68% against the USD last week after signs of weaker eurozone economic growth emerged.
Weekly Global Bond Analysis
- UST yields fell to two-month lows, as falling stock prices increased buying of U.S. government bonds
- Bond yields fell across Europe after lackluster eurozone data
- The worsening economic backdrop could complicate the ECB efforts to normalize monetary policy
- South African Reserve Bank increased the repurchase rate by 25 basis points to 6.75%
- Bank Indonesia (BI) raised its 7-day reverse repurchase rate by 25 basis points to 6.00%.